SOL 5.5 The student will read and demonstrate comprehension of fictional texts, narrative nonfiction, and poetry. (f) Identify and ask questions that clarify various points of view.
- Read aloud The Three Little Pigs
- In between books ask students how the story might be different if it was told by some one else, say one of the other pigs (allow response), a different animal, or even the wolf (allow response)
- Read aloud The True Story of the Three Little Pigs
- Ask students how they story being told from the point of view of the wolf changed the story?
- Show students one side of the concept map (of the original book)
- Together create the other side and see how the story was changed
- Show students the manipulated image
- As an exit pass, have student remind the class how the point of view changed the story using the picture
little pig wolf