Point of View SortPoint of View 1
Point of View 2
SOL 5.5 The student will read and demonstrate comprehension of fictional texts, narrative nonfiction, and poetry. (f) Identify and ask questions that clarify various points of view.
- Tell students they are going to be working on Point of View, specifically who is narrating the story.
- Define Point of View: the narrator’s position in relation to the story being told.
- Present slide show introduce 1st person, 2nd person, and 3rd person
- Together create a Who is Telling the story Anchor Chart
- 1st person- The story is told by one of the characters (I, me, we)
- 2nd person- The narrator is talking to the audience/reader (you, your)
- 3rd person- The story is being told by a narrator (he, she, they)
- Pass out point of view sort
- have students cut out the words (he, she, etc.) and past them in the correct column
- Project Point of View chart on the board
- Tell students they are going to use the pen to move the words into the columns
- The next day introduce the sentences, and then the paragraphs.
Lesson Adapted From: